Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A late starter...


Hello friends!

Have (finally) decided to start blogging! It all started couple of years ago when a former business associate turned friend Rohit Yagnik, after reading my Facebook posts and some poems (all on the then political scenario) mentioned to me “Sirjee aap ko blog likhna chaahiye...”. Wifey dear has always been saying I should focus on writing, and regularly at that. I used to laugh it off, thinking who will read? But of late some more friends told me to take writing a bit seriously and I thought I might as well give it a go. So a blog which was created way back in 2009 gets its first post only now!

The first challenge was to decide on the name, but then I remembered that Rohit had already suggested “Sanjay Uvācha” (Sanskrit: meaning “Sanjay says”) for the blog. As all would know, ‘Sanjay’ is a character from ‘Mahabharat’ who had the gift of seeing events happening at a distance. He is also known to be brutally frank in his recital of the day's battle of Kurukshetra to the blind king Dhritarashtra.

By the way, this blog has got nothing in common with the teachings of the Bhagavad Geeta...it is just a written manifestation of my thoughts. So relax!

Big THANKS to Rohit and my other friends - Shilpa Sharma, Kapil Muzumdar & Rahul Datar– and of course wifey dear Preeti, for the inspiration to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment